An informed groomer is a prepared groomer! Always give your groomer as much information as possible when possible. The following is a list of important things to tell your groomer:
If your dog…
- has any skin issues, sores, wounds of any kind, sensitive areas, lumps or bumps, skin tags etc.
- has had surgery recently or has any past injuries
- is pregnant
- has had up to date vaccinations
- is under 12 weeks old
- has an ear or eye infection
- is on any flea/tick program ( Revolution, Advantage, etc)
- has a persistent cough
- has bad hips or elbows or arthritis
- has fleas or ticks
- suffers from any illnesses such as seizures, allergies, heart problems, trouble standing, blindness, deafness etc.
- has behavioral problems such as biting, barking, separation anxiety, extreme dislikes etc.
For your groomer…
Don’t be afraid to be very specific about what you want done with your dog. A groomer’s idea and an owner’s idea of what the haircut should look like may be completely different therefore don’t hesitate to go over details several times OR if you have a picture, bring it with you! We want you to be as happy as your dog will be.
A professional groomer will never feel an owner is giving too much information. Until your groomer gets to know you and your pet, any information is relevant and appreciated.